All the Things


I’ve done a few (very scientific) calculations over the past few weeks and have determined that I could probably show my kids a live stream by a facility in North America with captive animals followed by free online art lessons every morning between now and October.

I haven’t seen a free online cooking course for kids yet but I figure the list of 156 easy science experiments should keep them busy while I try to make an acceptable lunch.

There will be no time for bathroom breaks or outdoor time afterwards because I found a really cool collection of Canadian history videos with accompanying activities and then virtual field trips for 97 of the world’s most famous tourist attractions.

My kids usually love their afternoon quiet time but I’m not sure if I can justify that anymore because there’s this free app that promises to teach them piano. It says it only takes a few days but I’m guessing I can find a blog with instructions to assemble and learn to play another instrument without too much trouble once they’ve mastered piano.

After dinner, I realize we’ve forgotten math and reading so we check the learning site our local school board has provided, add that work to the math and reading we usually do anyway, skip snack and bath to fit those (and the accompanying tears) in and call it a day!

Or something like that...

Free resources have been pinned and shared over the past week just about everywhere and sometimes it’s easy to get sucked into thinking the kids are somehow missing out without all this great stuff.

Instead of getting sucked in, I think I will pick one or two things and close the rest of the tabs.

But, do let me know if you find a free cooking resource for kids; getting in trouble for accepting the grocery substitutions for the wrong brands of orange juice and cheese and then trying to make my kids a meal using any of these ingredients is getting a little old!

Comments